Frequently asked questions...Following are some frequent questions we get from people who visit SHBC. We included them here in hopes that they might help answer some questions you have. If your question isn't covered by the topics below, please don't hesitate to contact us with your question.
After visiting SHBC...
Is someone available to visit me?
Yes. If you would like a visit from the Pastor or one of our Deacons, you can indicate that on your connection card when you visit.
Will I be contacted by you after I visit?
You will only be contacted by us if you want to be. Otherwise, we will simply send you a letter thanking you for visiting us.
On my first visit to SHBC...
What time does service start?
Our Worship service starts at 11 AM, with K'motion (children's church) starting at the same time. See the Question "Is there something for my kids to do during the service?" for more info.
Will I be expected to give money to the offering?
No. The offerings and support of our church are the responsibility of those of us who are members of SHBC. You are welcome to give if you wish, but it is not expected.
Is there a nursery for my baby?
Yes. We are committed to having a safe, clean environment where your children will be cared for by experienced, trustworthy staff.
How should I dress?
We really don't have a dress code at SHBC. Some people come in their weekend casual clothes, some dress in business casual and others like to wear suits and ties. Pastor Dave typically dresses in business casual. The Bible says that "man looks on the outward appearance, but God looks on the heart".
Is there something for my kids to do during the service?
Yes. If you have infants or toddlers, we have a well staffed nursery. If you have children in K5-4th grade, we have Kids Worship during our 11 AM worship hour. If you prefer to have your children stay in the main worship service with you, please do. We encourage families to worship together.
Will I have to say anything?
No. We will not put you on the spot and ask you to say anything.
What does SHBC believe?
What does SHBC believe?
• The 66 books of the Bible are the written Word of God. The Bible is divinely inspired and inerrant throughout. It is the supreme authority in everything it teaches.
• The creation account of Genesis is a literal account of the origins of life on Earth.
• The special creation of Adam (the first man) and Eve (the first woman), and their subsequent choice to sin, is the basis for the necessity of man's salvation.
• Death (both physical and spiritual) and bloodshed entered into this world as a direct consequence of man's sin.
• The sanctity of human life. That life begins at conception.
• God is triune: one God, three Persons- God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
• All mankind are sinners, inherently from Adam and individually (by choice) and are therefore subject to God's judgment.
• The Holy Spirit enables man to repent and believe in Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit lives and works in each believer to produce the fruits of righteousness.
• Salvation is a gift received by faith alone in Christ alone and expressed in the individual's repentance, recognition of the death of Christ as full payment for sin, and acceptance of the risen Christ as Savior, Lord and God.
• Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.
• Jesus Christ rose bodily from the dead, ascended to Heaven, and is currently seated at the right hand of God the Father, and shall return in person to this Earth as Judge of the living and the dead.
• Satan is the personal spiritual adversary of both God and man.
• Those who do not believe in Christ are subject to everlasting conscious punishment in a place called hell, but those who place their faith in Jesus Christ enjoy eternal life with God.